Subject: Re: Cross-build doesn't work i386->sparc
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/16/2002 16:11:54
I swear, mk.conf is nigh useless.  Every time I get it right, something
changes to break it.

I will provide the log and such as soon as I have them handy...

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Todd Vierling wrote:

# On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Greywolf wrote:
#
# Build logs and dump of mk.conf please.
#
# : Also, I'm trying to find the notes which explain how to do a cross-build
# : in pkgsrc.
#
# Uh, "you don't."  Pkgsrc is not cross-build compatible.

"What?!?  Why the hell not?!?"

Is it because it's not properly configured as such, or is it just too
much of a pain in the kiester to make this possible?

I would figure it to be possible to build the world via a crosscompile.

# -- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
# -- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/

				--*greywolf;
--