Subject: Re: 20020410-1.5ZC-XFree86-4.2.0 with Intel i815 graphics
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/2002 00:57:37
On Sat 13 Apr 2002 at 14:25:42 +0200, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 02:20:44PM +0200, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> > I already found I apparently need an "NoInt10" option in the XF86Config
> > file - then it gets to complain about a missing /dev/agpgart device.
>
> With -current, you don't need the seperate LKM anymore. You need to
> enable the "agp at pchb?" line in your kernel config file. This wasn't
> the default until recently.

Thanks for the info. In that snapshot (20020410) it was indeed not yet
present in GENERIC_LAPTOP.

> Also create the agp0 device (and the agpgart symlink to it), using
> "sh MAKEDEV agp0" with a recent MAKEDEV.

But the device was there, just not the symlink. I saw the device but
dared not assume a symlink was correct, it usually isn't with devices.

Anyway, it worked, after I managed to limit the screen size to 1024x768.
Apparently it tried 1600x1024 but the laptop's display did not like it
and produced just a black screen.

> - Frank
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@     --Soep van de dag, wat zal dat zijn
\X/ xs4all.nl --wat kan dat wezen, beter maar het ergste vrezen -Boy Bensdorp