Subject: Re: something wrong with rsync.netbsd.org again....
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Richards <richards+netbsd@CS.Princeton.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2002 17:02:04
On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Can you tell which mirror you use, and which files you see corrupted
> ?  I'm using the french mirror daily and didn't encounter a single
> file corruption since the rsync problem has been fixed.

The problems, if I understand, are syntax errors in the RCS files.
From rsync's point of view there is no corruption, as you have
observed.  But from CVSup's point of view, i.e., the point of view of
a program that understands the RCS file format, there is.  These
RCS-corruptions, if you will, are present in the master *,v files and
do not affect the correctness of the checked-out versions of those
files.

--
CDR