Subject: Re: dhclient oddity
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2002 15:54:16
On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 08:17:16AM -0400, Rob Quinn wrote:
> > ... most of the time the thread ended with 'this is caused by a buggy nic
> > driver' what's everyone using?
>
>   I tested several different client NICs, using -current installs less than a
> week old.  Only my Xircom gave the error:

Stinks of the driver including the crc (length) in the packets passed
upstream.

The usual IP stack is probably immune to such errors.
(In the past I've had fun with an ISO stack that did verify
the length of all hardware frames - some systems sent overlong frames!)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk