Subject: Re: Cisco VPN 5000
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christophe Kalt <kalt@taranis.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/2002 16:25:03
On Apr 03, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
| I friend of mine has to get a VPN running with a
| "Cisco VPN 5000 Series Concentrator" (to access enterprise network from
| home). Does anyone know it, and got it running with NetBSD ipsec ?
|
| I don't know much about this thing; it seems to be running IPsec but is
| connected to a radius server; I'm not sure why (maybe to keep IP/key
| associations). Cisco provides a client for various platforms, so it's
| not clear if it's a standart IPsec or some proprietary protocol

it definitely allows for per user configuration (IP settings
including routing as well as filtering).  Their software is
needed for user authentication which can be done using
different systems.  This is most likely what radius is used
for, you can also use SecureID type devices.  I had one setup
at my previous job but never got around to playing with it no
to trying to see if i could get it to talk with NetBSD.

Let me know if you manage to get this working, i'm probably
going to be buying one soon.. :)