Subject: Re: Bynari Insight
To: Gerald C. Simmons <>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/2002 11:49:31

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 04:33:17PM -0800, Gerald C. Simmons wrote:
> Well, good news is I got Insight installed and running on my SuSE
> Linux 7.3 machine just fine.=20

Well, insight runs just fine with the newly updated suse_linux-7.3
packages, but it's a complete let-down. It's actually just a
POP3/IMAP mail client with some frills to look like Outlook. It
hasn't a clue how to talk to MS Exchange's groupware component,
which was the only reason I was interested. Lame.

(It's got calendering stuff, and can maybe even do groupware things
using Bynari's server end stuff, but that's clearly not the point of
just grabbing the client.)

I guess I can wrap this in a package, if anybody's interested, but
it can't do what I was led to believe it could (let me get away from
the Win2k Outlook box wasting a processor), nor can it really do
anything more than pkgsrc/mail/mutt (and, arguably, does less).

gabriel rosenkoetter

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see