Subject: Re: Windows API support in Linux (i.e. NetBSD via emul)
To: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2002 13:26:50
> I'm just curious. Does anyone know of any S/W companies that make a package
> for porting your Windows Application to Linux, and I don't think I'm talking
> about CodeWeavers or Wine. (But I could be wrong!)

> I'm currently beta testing an engineering tool, that has traditionally been a
> windows app, under Linux. The interesting thing is that when the app comes up.
> it looks just like a Windws App. All the window widgets and menus are the same.

This sounds like what Rational Rose does.  The use a system called MainWin
from a company called Mainsoft (www.mainsoft.com).

I don't know anything more about it than that (except that with the recent
updates to the linux emulation in -current I must try again to get Rose
working in NetBSD).

cheers
mark