Subject: Microtek scanner not showing up?
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2002 08:41:20
Greetings,

I have a Microtek E6 scanner which is not showing up properly on a scsi
scan.  It shows up as

ss0 at scsibus0 target 6 lun 0: <, Scanner 600, 1.70> SCSI3 6/scanner fixed
ss0: async, 8-bit transfers

Which is good, i.e. it is recognised, but note that the first param is
empty.

This makes it troublesome to get xsane started for it because I have to
constantly supply the name of the device [SANE_DEFAULT_DEVICE has no
effect].  It also makes it impossible to get it to work with the Gimp,
because with gimp parameters, it's not okay to pass it the device name.

Does anyone have any clues as to how to handle this?  I don't want to go
in bashing on xsane; I was thinking there would be a way to get the kernel
to set its parameters properly...

[note:  I have not had coffee yet.  Excuse me if this is the wrong way
to go about it.]

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Stable and strong!