Subject: Re: Help! Gphoto
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/2002 22:39:38
On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 09:34:18PM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> So, I am looking for suggestions.  How do I get gphoto working?  Or is
> there something else that I can use for a Kodak 215 Zoom?

If it's like the 210 and has a serial interface, I've had luck
with kdcpi from http://www.berkhirt.com/HomerProductions/ It is
functional enough to get the pictures off of the camera. On mine,
the serial cable has only three conductors and I can only reliably
manage 9600 baud. In theory kdcpi could talk over an IrDA serial
port which should be faster.

I haven't had much luck with gphoto or gphoto2 and this camera.

-w