Subject: Re: oldest boot record?
To: Paul Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2002 10:53:18
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Paul Dokas wrote:

: I've got a full copy of 386/BSD from around '92, on a set of 5.25"
: floppies.  Maybe I'll dig out the 5.25" drive and copy them off
: someday....  Anyone want a copy of them?

386BSD can be found on some FTP sites these days, such as
minnie.tuhs.org:/BSD/386bsd among others.  So unless you have an `interim
patchkit version', it's probably already there.  :)

Note, however, that 386BSD contains some AT&T license-encumbered source
code, so *technically* it's not legal to redistribute.  However, the legal
situations surrounding this fairly minimal amount of code have passed some
time ago, and it's likely that AT&T no longer cares about this 10-year-old
distribution....

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/