Subject: Re: mdsetimage and dbsym
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/2002 13:45:31
On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Patrick Welche wrote:

: I just realised that I seem to have 2 lots of mdsetimage, one in usr.sbin,
: the other in gnu/usr.sbin. Then noticed dbsym moved from usr.sbin to
: gnu/usr.sbin. Should I nuke one of the mdsetimage copies? Why move dbysm
: (the licence looks BSD like to my untrained eyes..)

The ones in gnu/usr.sbin make use of libbfd, in order to gain more platform
independence.  They're used from src/tools/{dbsym,mdsetimage} as host tools.

The BSD-licensed ones are currently kept because some people wanted the BSD
licensed code to remain actively available, for the moment (objecting to a
one-way migration to using libbfd).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/