Subject: Re: XFree4 and 1.5ZC
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Bruno Saverio Delbono <bruno@lucifer.at>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/2002 16:01:07
Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Martti Kuparinen:
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> > > Does anybody else experience complete freezes in i386/1.5ZC +
> > > XF4 when running Linux Netscape 4.79? Sometimes (0-3 times per
> > > day) the

> > I'm not sure if this is related but I received these on my console
> > few minutes ago (after reboot):

> > (WW) Mouse0: bad wsmouse event type=-16777216
> > (WW) Mouse0: bad wsmouse event type=-16777216
> > (WW) Mouse0: bad wsmouse event type=-16777216
> > (WW) Mouse0: bad wsmouse event type=-16777216
> > (WW) Mouse0: bad wsmouse event type=-16777216

> And this is with normal ps2 wheel-mouse. I don't have KVM in my PC.

I've experienced similar experiences when/coupled with:

-   Login is done via gdm -> Gnome  1.4
-   At times the keyboard input just dies and only mouse events work

I've also encountered exact same messages and unexplained freeze and
reboots on:

-   Dell 5ke Laptop with ATI Mobility 128 and  XF 4.x and NetBSD
    -current 1.5ZA
-   Regular no-name PC with ATI Xpert 98 Card XF 4.x and NetBSD
    -current  (1.5ZA to 1.5ZB)

I've had marginal success if I do not use gdm at all.

I know this is bad report, but this is all the information I can give
at present.

-B

--
I could dance till the cows come home.  On second thought, I'd rather
dance with the cows till you come home.