Subject: Re: GENERIC kernel problem (i386)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Toolsie <xtoolsie@gravity.rsc.raytheon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/2002 10:59:20
Thanks for the help!

I installed the 1.5ZA snapshot, checked out the -current syssrc, updated
the sommerfeld_1386mp_1 and installed the latest version (I think) of
config with the same results.  Commenting the references to i4b out seems
to have taken care of that bit for now.

While doing 'make' of the kernel, I got an error:
undefined or invalid # directive in vnode.h, line 139.

Sure enough, the line starts with '#dehine'.  Easy fix, just wanted to
point that one out in case it hasn't been caught already.

Further into the process, I hit an error that has me stuck.  It was
something along the lines of:

In function 'setregs':
2502: PS_STRINGS undeclared (first use in this function).  Each
undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears
in .../arch/i386/i386/machdep.c.

The only instance of PS_STRINGS in the file is:

tf->tf_ebx = (int)PS_STRINGS

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Kevin T.