Subject: GENERIC kernel problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Toolsie <xtoolsie@gravity.rsc.raytheon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/2002 16:35:18
I'm running into an issue that is driving me crazy!  This question will be
missing some of the finer points as I'm not in front of the box at this
moment.

I did a cvs check out of currnet syssrc and an update of
-rsommerfeld_1386_mp_1 (going for smp kernel).

The config <myconfig> stopped on an unknown pseudo-device ipip (figured
this one out...use gif instead)

Once config finishes, I cd ../compile/<myconfig> and run 'make depend'.
This runs for a couple of minutes and then dies, it seems that config.c
is looking for 5 files that aren't there.  I remember that the first one
is i4bctl.h and the others all start with i4b.

After a bit of research, I have found that these are for ISDN, which I
have none of in my kernel config file.  I can't seem to get around this
and am looking for some help!

Do I need a newer version of config perhaps?

Kevin T.
k-tools@raytheon.com
You should thank idiots.  If it weren't for them..many of us would be
without jobs.