Subject: Re: Boot Problems (fdisk / disklabel)
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/2002 16:54:49
Now, this is interesting.

I am booting W2k and NetBSD on the same system, with NetBSD being the
default (and listed at F1).  In order to boot from W2k, if I hit,
simply, F6, nothing happens, and it hangs, and I have to restart.  If I
hit F1, of course, it jumps into the NetBSD boot.

Now, if I hit F5, it re-prompts for NetBSD at F1, BUT if I *then* hit
F6, it goes into the W2k bootloader.

So it does work, but in a most roundabout fashion.  Can anyone explain
to me why I have to hit F5 to reload the partition boot map?

Thanks!

				--*greywolf;