Subject: Re: mss clamping (ip_nat.c)
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Toru TAKAMIZU <ttaka@earth.email.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2002 03:42:01
Thanks a lot! It works now.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 07:22:02PM +0100,
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:

> To be more precise: the code in ip_nat.c is there always, not depending
> on any additional options besides the "pseudo-device ipf".

Of course, you mean "pseudo-device ipfilter"?

> If you do use clamping by adding "mssclamp 1452" to the NAT rules, you would
> not realy need to set net.inet.tcp.mss_ifmtu. The text is a bit short on this.

I see. But in my case, I have to add "mssclamp 1412" (or something smaller
than 1452. 1412 is the value rp-pppoe's manpage recommends.)

> Sorry, there should have been a post here describing the change when it
> went in. It has been discussed before on the tech-kern mailing list, but
> of course not everyone is reading that.

I don't read tech-kern because I think I can't understand a bit :)

Thanks again!

Toru