Subject: Re: About toolchain-patches
To: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2002 10:16:47
On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Jarkko Teppo wrote:

: What's the proper way of submitting patches related to ./build.sh and
: friends (src/tools) ? I might have a few simple two-liners to several
: files as I'm trying to build from hpux-s700-10.20 -> hp300.

send-pr.  Use category "toolchain".  If your send-pr doesn't know about
category "toolchain", it'll ask you if you want to send anyway; say "y".

Alternatively, post to tech-toolchain@netbsd.org if you have an extensive
bit of problems that need fleshing out.

: The problems are mainly really small (like no MAP_FAILED for mmap (xinstall))
: and so on. Is it acceptable just to use #if !defined(__hpux) or similar ?

Try the following added to src/tools/compat/compat_defs.h:

#ifndef MAP_FAILED
#define MAP_FAILED ((void *)-1)
#endif

This generalizes it on the condition that counts -- missing MAP_FAILED.  If
this works, let me know, and I'll toss it into compat_defs.h.

Other things that are not cpp definitions can be put into the autoconf logic
in src/tools/compat.  If you're not sure how to do it right, simply note
what's missing in a PR or tech-toolchain post and one of the toolchain folks
(probably me :) will help you out.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/