Subject: Re: new IPFilter
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/2002 02:27:51
On Jul 2, 10:19pm, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
} John Nemeth wrote:
} >      Are there any plans to do a pullup of the new IPFilter, or is it
} > too new and we are too close to release?
}
} AFAIK it has already been pulled up to -current.

     I noticed that, which is how I knew about the new version of
IPFilter.  I meant will it be pulled up to 1.5?

} >      Also, what is the problem with licence on the H.323 proxy?  I have
} > an application where I need one.  Are there instructions for
} > re-integrating it if I find that the licence is suitable for my
} > application?
}
} The licence doesn't permit commercial use AFAIK. It's only
} for non-commercial use. IIRC it can be redistributed for non-commercial

     Ick!  For my purposes, its going to depend on how they defined
non-commercial use.

} use too only. I'm quite surprised it has been integrated into IPFilter
} at all.

     Yeah, that does go against the spirit of open source.

     BTW, anybody know what the final result of that spat last year
over the IPFiler licence is?  Since IPFilter is still part of NetBSD, I
assume that something was worked out.

}-- End of excerpt from Jaromir Dolecek