Subject: Re: syspkg frontends
To: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/2002 17:45:24
On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Bang Jun-Young wrote:

> For example, how can we deal with sendmail packages, one from syspkg
> and another from pkgsrc? Is it possible to update syspkg package to
> pkgsrc package or vice versa?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the package.tgz files "same", i.e. the
only difference is that syspkg_* uses different PKG_PREFIX (/ instead of
/usr/pkg) and different database directory (/var/db/syspkg instead of
/var/db/pkg) to record the package information.

Doesn't this mean that I must also set PKG_PREFIX=/ in the frontends?
Or am I missing something here?

Martti

---
Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>      NetBSD - No media hype