Subject: Re: "make USETOOLS=never build" fails
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2002 10:58:53
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Martin Husemann wrote:

: > It's not silly.  If you had let the host toolchain build, you would not have
: > run into this problem; it makes use of the correct share/mk files
: > automatically.
:
: I don't think so. I'm building (with a "normal" build.sh call) on one host,
: and when that's done I do "make install USETOOLS=never" from the NFS mounted
: source dir on several other machines of the same arch. On some of them
: followed by a "make includes".

This kind of disjoint setup is nonstandard.  That said, "make install" has
far fewer dependencies than a build, and is less likely to break with
UsETOOLS=never.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/