Subject: Re: can't boot CURRENT with a CD inserted?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2002 16:09:19
* Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> [020311 21:02]:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 07:38:26PM +0000, Rasputin wrote:

> > Has anyone else seen this?

> > If I have a cdrom in either of my drives
> > (the game Messiah, by the way) the kernel drops into
> > ddb at 'device_unbsuy' and refuses to boot.
> > a 'continue' reboots the box. Works fine without a cd inserted.

> Can you type 'tr' at this point and report the output here ?

I'll try that when I get home tonight. This is probably:

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=15190

2 CDs in the drives, one of which is an audio CD, now I think of it.
The error was disk_unbusy, not (mistyped anyway) device_unbusy
[ yeah, I know, but *you* should try reading my handwriting ].

Just checked my kernel config and sure enough,

RAID_AUTOCONFIG

is specified, which it wasn't in GENERIC for 1.5.2-REL.

Thanks!

--
Every absurdity has a champion who will defend it.
Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::