Subject: Re: pppoe documentation
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2002 13:38:02
At 9:27 Uhr +0100 2.3.2002, Martin Husemann wrote:
>I tested the patch Hauke referenced, and it works just great!
>
>It lacks a bit of flexibility (i.e. knobs to turn it on for special NAT rules)
>but it actually does just what I want for my configuration, so I can live
>with that.
>
>I'll talk to some people and consider applying it to -current.

While we're at it: any chance of seeing in-kernel pppoe on the 1.5 branch?

>Hauke, can you check who wrote it, so we can give proper credit?

Looking through my inbox, the pointer to the patch appeared first in a mail
from Darren Reed (cc'd):

| From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
| Subject: QNX, H.323 & MSS clamping
| To: ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au
| Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:18:45 +1100 (EST)
| Sender: owner-ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au

| For 3.4.23, checkout:
|
|     http://www.qnxzone.com/~xtang/ipfilter/index.html
|
| Darren

-- Darren, do you know who the patch is from?

	hauke

--
/~\ The ASCII	                   "Those who are willing to sacrifice
\ / Ribbon Campaign                 essential liberties for a little order