Subject: Re: ipmon does not start as daemon
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <>
From: Aaron J. Grier <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2002 14:36:05
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 02:23:05PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> Perhaps the rc.d file should specify -D for ipmon, since that flag is
> always required in this context?  The point is to get it out of
> rc.conf, where it's likely to be dropped by accident.

cat > /usr/sbin/ipmond << %EOF
exec /usr/sbin/ipmon -D $*
chmod 444 /usr/sbin/ipmond

excuse the bad shell scripting... you get the idea.

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
      "[...] I generally haven't found IDM guys to be very good
       live acts, most of them just sit down at their laptop and
       tweak reaktor."  -- Brandon Daniel