Subject: Re: ipmon does not start as daemon
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2002 15:25:06
[ On Wednesday, February 27, 2002 at 14:54:09 (-0500), Todd Vierling wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: ipmon does not start as daemon
> `I dare you to find a counterexample for which *not* specifying -D actually
> allows the machine to boot.'  8-)

Maybe this way???  :-)

	ipmon_flags="-s &"

(I've not actually tried that -- I'll bet the quoting is all wrong and
the '&' will be seen by the shell at the wrong time....  ;-)

(It's also quite silly as it'll probably result in ipmon dying the first
time the admin hits an interrupt on the console, just as was reported as
happening in a thread about this very issue last year sometime.)

								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;  <>;  <>;  <>