Subject: Re: ipmon does not start as daemon
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2002 13:10:05
[ On Wednesday, February 27, 2002 at 17:01:33 (+0100), Xavier HUMBERT wrote: ]
> Subject: ipmon does not start as daemon
>
> Actually, if I add
>
> ipmon=YES ipmon_flags="s"
>
> to rc.conf, boot process halts when launching ipmon, until I hit ^C
> Idem if I start it "by hand", `/etc/rcd.d/ipmon start` does not return
>
> Any workaround other than using a custom start proc ?
>
> ipmon_start()
> {
>     echo "Starting ipmon"
>     ${command} ${ipmon_flags} &
> }

A long time ago I added '-D' to ipmon to have it turn itself into a
daemon automatically and I changed my startup to be more like:

     ${command} -D ${ipmon_flags}

The version in -current now has '-D' now too, but unfortunately
etc/rc.d/ipmon has not yet been fixed to use it explicitly....

--
								Greg A. Woods