Subject: Re: Localization
To: None <p@ppires.org>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2002 12:50:26
> How is localization in NetBSD?  I checked the I18N project page and its
> link to CITRUS, but both seemed too outdated and short on information on
> status and usability.
>
> I've recently been playing with localization on Linux and I began to
> like it (especially as a non-native English speaker).  I'd really like
> to have this feature in my favorite operating system.

-current supports I18N partly.  (setlocale(3) and multibyte/wide char
functions.)  The I18n part of NetBSD is steadily being developed by a
few developers.  Its design and implementation are really promising, I
believe, however, what really lacks is documentation.  I might once
say that I tried to work on the document about this, but nearly
nothing has been archieved. (I failed to understand Citrus codes. :-<)

Regards,
Masao