Subject: Re: pkg/15501: rsync development branch causes corruption with alpha server
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/2002 20:18:29
[ On Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 15:53:39 (-0500), Thor Lancelot Simon wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: pkg/15501: rsync development branch causes corruption with alpha server
>
> As far as I can tell, rsync.netbsd.org is okay, too;

Nope -- it's definitely still hosed -- see my other reply to Manuel.

> the error Greg posted
> appears to be the result of the removal of a few files from CVSROOT in
> the rsync copy, coupled with his running rsync without permission to remove
> files on his end.

The errors reported by my rsync are totally unrelated to anything that
is or ever was on the server -- they're files I created locally in my
copy and which I've set the "system immutable" flag on so that they
cannot be over-written or removed by my rsync runs:

	$ ls -lo /cvs/master/m-NetBSD/main/CVSROOT/
	total 96
	-rw-r--r--  1 root    supadmin  schg    11 Dec 10  2000 config
	-rw-r--r--  1 root    supadmin  schg    22 Jan 25  2001 cvsignore
	-r--r--r--  1 syssup  supadmin  -     3246 Jan 25 10:22 modules
	-r--r--r--  1 syssup  supadmin  -    41590 Oct  5  2000 modules,v
	-rw-rw-r--  1 syssup  supadmin  -       13 Feb 11  2001 val-tags

Sorry, I should have elaborated on them, but then again I thought they
wouldn't have posed any mystery to anyone who looked at the actual
repository.....

The CVS errors I reported show there are still several corrupted files
on the rsync.netbsd.org server besides the one shown to be corrupted by
Alan in his reply to this PR.

Furthermore I should note too that no files whatsoever have been
transfered from rsync.netbsd.org in part or in full in the past three
_weeks_ or so since this corruption first appeared.  None, not one, not
even brand new files that have been created in the CVS repo and that are
not yet in my local copy (i.e. for which '-c' and '-W' have no affect on).

--
								Greg A. Woods