Subject: rsync and cvs
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Hallock <scott@hallocks.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/2002 14:57:57
Sorry to start a new thread on this topic.  I'm still reading current-users
through the archive.  I need to subscribe soon.

Manuel Bouyer mentioned that he thought anoncvs was working again.  That
may be, but the CVS repository mirrored on rsync.netbsd.org is still
corrupt, or I'm doing something really dumb with rsync..  When I try to check
out top-of-tree src from a repository rsynced from rsync.netbsd.org there, I
eventually get:

cvs [checkout aborted]: unable to parse /Volumes/ufsvol/scotthal/cvs/NetBSD/main/sharesrc/share/mk/bsd.man.mk,v; `state' not in the expected place

I have gone so far as to remove main/sharesrc/share/mk/bsd.mak.mk,v and
re-run rsync, supplying the -W flag.  A subsequent checkout dies exactly
the same way.

I'm considering trying the rsync mirror Manuel suggested, but the old
netizen in me is hesitant to use that much transcontinental bandwidth.
Before I go hogging that bandwidth, can anyone think of anything dumb
I might be doing?

Scott