Subject: PCI 802.11b cards?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2002 23:53:55
Someone I know has asked me to look into a "sohoware" card, labeled "NetBlaster II
Wireless PCI Card".  It looks very much like it's a Prism2 PCMCIA card on a PCI slot.

The card itself has one big chip on it, labled "TMD7160".  It looks like the PCMCIA
card is mounted inside a little housing, which has a label on it saying "P/N
83-204904-65-A1".

The board this is mounted on has a silkscreened label saying "97-806300-10".  It
really does look *exactly* like a PCI widget with a PCMCIA card on it.  However,
according to my friend, it's not similar enough to the stuff currently driven
by if_wi_pci.c for that driver to work with it.  I haven't had a chance to try
it yet, but I'd be curious as to whether anyone has suggestions.

This card is mostly interesting because it has an external plug for an antenna, and
comes with a medium-sized wall-mounted antenna with a 3' cable.  Enough to be
interesting.  :)

-s