Subject: Re: Broken linux emulation
To: Murray Armfield <murray@river-styx.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2002 12:22:20
Murray Armfield wrote:
> 	I've just updated and installed an new current kernel as of 17/02/02. Now
> LimeWire which runs under sun-java in linux emulation just seg faults dumping
> core on java.

A broken change has been mistakely committed to the linux emulation
code. Can you please edit

compat/linux/common/linux_misc.c

around line 348 there should be definition of

char linux_release[] = "..."

Change it so that it's:

char linux_release[] = "2.0.38";

If you compile kernel with this, it should work again.
This change will be committed to the tree as soon as possible.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-