Subject: Re: kernel options
To: None <yojack@jcom.home.ne.jp>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 02/13/2002 20:50:08
In message <20020213203647.GA17509%yojack@jcom.home.ne.jp>
	on Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:36:47 +0000,
	Jack Morgan <yojack@jcom.home.ne.jp> wrote:
> I noticed there is this option in the latest kernel:
>
> options FRENCH_KBD,FINNISH_KBD,GERMAN_KBD,NORWEGIAN_KBD
>
> Is there any plan for JAPANESE_KBD?
Those options are for pc console driver and used almost on install
floppies.  IMO, wscons(4) has already JP-106 keyboard support.

So, there might be some room for consideration.

o It could be add for install floppies.  It isn't hard work.
o But if it is desirable, It might better for pc console driver to add
  those who uses non-US keyboard like above.

Once someone mentions that slim-up wscons(4) for install media, is it
really possible?  Or someone working on it?

Cheers.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>