Subject: Re: transparent filtering and bridge(4)?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Dokas <dokas@smtp.mn.mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2002 22:19:13
On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 07:29:30PM -0800, Michael K. Sanders wrote:
> Has any progress been made on adding support for transparent filtering
> to the bridge code?

I hate be so AOHellish, but I'd like to know this also.

Personally, I'd settle for the OpenBSD sol'n of just passing the bridged
traffic through IPFilter.  However, I think that a much better solution
would be something like the ZPC that Jason Thorpe was once working on:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2000/12/28/0007.html

To me, using tcpdump like notation just make so much more sense when dealing
with a bridge.  I would really like to be able to select and block IPX
and AppleTalk at a bridge.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."