Subject: ugen breakage with usb webcam?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Coulouris <george@coulouris.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2002 11:23:26
Hello,

I used to use my D-Link DSB-C300 [1] usb webcam under NetBSD with Peter
Housel's vid package [2], which worked fine as long as I had a ugen.c that
grokked isochronous endpoints.

I recently upgraded to 1.5ZA, and now when I try to capture an image, it
freezes my machine. No panic that I can see, machine doesn't respond to
pings, nothing.

I have run MAKEDEV to make sure that things are up to date. The vid code
itself is straightforward and just opens up ugen0 and does ioctls to it.

Any ideas why this broke?

NetBSD coulouris.org 1.5ZA NetBSD 1.5ZA (COULOURIS) #0: Sat Feb  2
19:17:14 EST 2002
george@coulouris.org:/tree/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/COULOURIS i386

[1] http://www.dlink.com/products/usb/dsbc300/
[2] http://members.home.net/housel/projects.htm

--
George Coulouris -- firstname at lastname dot org