Subject: Re: HOST_OSTYPE not set right in
To: Greywolf <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2002 12:04:11
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Greywolf wrote:

: I'm doing a cross-compile for a SPARC, yet all the objdirs which are
: created are obj.NetBSD-1.5ZA-i386.

All host tools created with OBJHOSTMACHINE set in mk.conf will use the
extended objdir names.  Do note that not all host tools reside in src/tools;
some tools run on the host exist elsewhere in the tree.

I note, however, that you do not have OBJMACHINE set.  If both OBJMACHINE
and OBJHOSTMACHINE are set, you get a host*target tuple name, to wit:

If you're having build troubles, please post logs of the specific errors;
thanks!  8-)

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --