Subject: Re: HOST_OSTYPE not set right in bsd.own.mk?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/2002 16:18:58
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

# Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:20:44 -0800
# From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
# To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
# Cc: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
#
# On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 11:58:14AM -0800, Greywolf wrote:
#
#  > I'm doing a cross-compile for a SPARC, yet all the objdirs which are
#  > created are obj.NetBSD-1.5ZA-i386.
#  >
#  > Shouldn't they be made into obj.NetBSD-1.5ZA-sparc?
#  >
#  > I think HOST_OSTYPE is not being properly manipulated by the cross-
#  > build scripts.
#
# For host tools, the objdir also reflects the host architecture.

1.  This isn't just for host tools -- it's for other things inside the
source tree (i.e.  /usr/games/boggle, where the dictionary thing blew up,
which led me to discover the misnamed obj.* dir).

2.  Even if it were for host tools, wouldn't that also cause problems
with building for multiple architectures at the same time?

Either way, I posit it is a bug.  Shall I submit it as such?

#         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: we put the Net in BSD.