Subject: Re: current build fails on postfix
To: Eric Jacoboni <>
From: Perry E. Metzger <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/2002 15:45:32
Eric Jacoboni <> writes:
> I've just cvsupped all the sources, then rerun :

We don't have an official cvsup server. It may be that cvsup is your
problem somehow.

> # cd /usr/src
> # ./

Look at the message. It makes very little sense. You can't tell on
line one that you have an unterminated comment when you have a file of
more than one line.

It also is working for other people.

1) visually inspect smtpd_check.c. Make sure it is not damaged in any way.
2) Try to manually compile that file. See what happens.

The file certainly doesn't have an unterminated comment on line 1.

> Same punition, at the same place :
> >> /usr/src.cvsup/gnu/usr.sbin/postfix/smtpd/../../../dist/postfix/src/smtpd/smtpd_check.c:1: unterminated comment"
> >> nbmkdep: compile failed.
> >> *** Error code 1
> looking at this smtpd_check.c, i understand this error as this file is
> totally junk...  It seems there's a big mess in my postfix tree, so
> i'm gonna nuke it and cvsup again... I will tell you...
> --
> Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1316379784 secondes

Perry E. Metzger
NetBSD Development, Support & CDs.