Subject: Re: very strange problem with vi temporary files on "somewhat -current" diskless client
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/2002 02:02:46
On Tue 22 Jan 2002 at 00:30:37 -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>   BTW, why can't I mount a plain file directly for swap like I did with
>   1.3.x, using the likes of:
> 	most.weird.com:/var/swap/very   none    swap    sw,nfsmntpt=/swap
>   -- now I seem to need to mount a whole sub-directory with the swap
>   file in it....

Strange, my experience was that when I went from XKERNEL 1.2 to DISKLESS
1.5 with my Sun 3, I had to change my fstab *into* that form. fstab used
to be

swap                            none swap sw 0 0

>   (netbsd seems to ignore booparams swap & dump settings

and the info from bootparams was used...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --They that can give up essential
\X/ land.nl --liberty to purchase a little temporary safety