Subject: CPU temperature question...
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/2002 11:21:40
This one of those cases of "Okay, I can get the information from the
system, now what do I do with it?"

What's an acceptable temperature high for a CPU?  Normally, mine
run at 36C.  During monster builds (build.sh) the temp goes up to 53C.
BIOS default critical temperature seems to be 87C.

Still being somewhat new at the inhel-plus-gadgets game (I was under-
privileged as a kid in the computer department -- what can I say?),
I'm not fully savvy to this sort of thing, and I'm not sure of a
friendlier forum in which to ask my questions.

[Usually I'm pretty polite to newbies; in this case, just pretend I'm
 a newbie.]

Many thanks.

				--*greywolf;
--