Subject: Re: Wierd time-keeping with i386 MP kernel
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/2002 05:41:46
Yup, after the reboot, both CPUs are at 1GHz and the APIC is running at
133MHz, right where it should.

Very wierd!  I really wish it had been running at the reported speed,
though - would have made for some nice RC5 stats!   :)

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

> Paul Goyette wrote:
> > Has anyone else noticed anything wrong with the time-keeping capability
> > of the latest MP kernel?
>
> Not with dual PIII 733Mhz (MSI-694D Pro2 motherboard IIRC).
>
> BTW, from the dmesg you provided, this seems strange:
>
> cpu0: calibrating local timer
> cpu0: apic clock running at 327 MHz
>
> APIC running at 327Mhz?? Mine uses 133Mhz, Martin's 100Mhz.
>
> Jaromir
> --
> Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
> -=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-
> -=  neither liberty nor safety, and will lose both.  -- Benjamin Franklin  =-

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |