Subject: Re: Web mail package?
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/2002 12:30:18
On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 08:57:23PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> Does anyone know of any existing package that I can install on my NetBSD
> system that will _serve_ up my mailbox?  I'm going to be very far away
> from my home network, and I'd like to be able to drop in to an Internet
> Cafe, start up a browser, and read my mail.
>
> I've looked through pkgsrc/mail and pkgsrc/www directories, and nothing
> jumps out at me as having this capability.

If you use Maildirs, then I really recommend mail/sqwebmail.  It avoids
having to run a separate IMAP process as the webmail client can directly
manipulate Maildirs.  It also has several different options for
authentication via mail/courier-auth (a required dependency).  I currently
use PAM (security/PAM) and pam_smbpass (security/pam_smbpass) to
authenticate against an smbpasswd file from the Samba server running on
the same machine.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>