Subject: Re: umass0: Sony Sony Handycam, rev 1.00/3.00, addr 2
To: Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/2002 13:09:53
On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 10:55:02 +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:

> Got a Sony digital video camera recorder with an USB connector (and
> memory stick (why not CF, argh)).  When I connect it to NetBSD, I get
[...]
> Feb  2 10:57:50 tmp /netbsd: sd0(umass0:0:1:0):  Check Condition on CDB:
> 0x08 00 00 00 01 00
> Feb  2 10:57:50 tmp /netbsd:     SENSE KEY:  Illegal Request
> Feb  2 10:57:50 tmp /netbsd:      ASC/ASCQ:  Illegal Field in CDB
[...]
> Has anyone had success accessing a Sony with NetBSD?

I use DSC-P50 camera just fine.  I had this problem with my vintage
-current laptop, but current -current works ok.  The problem here is
that Sony DSC only support big requests.  If you run -current, you
need to update - umass driver now uses big requests by default.  If
you run 1.5.x, it would be simpler to quirk your camera with big-only
quirk.

SY, Uwe