Subject: Re: Building nathanw_sa branch?
To: Michael K. Sanders <>
From: Nathan J. Williams <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/2002 00:42:07
"Michael K. Sanders" <> writes:

> Getting the branch source was problematic.  An update with the
> branch tag in src, src/sys, or src/lib just hangs

That's very weird, and smells to me of "CVS is evil!". src/sys in
particular should work fine; src/ or src/lib are weirder since only
subsets are branched (and additionally "src/" is a combination of
different modules due to the basesrc, gnusrc, syssrc, etc. split).

>, so I resorted
> to updating src/sys/arch/i386, src/sys/uvm, etc. individually.
> Which is why I think I had problems with userland, I probably
> missed something.

The relevant directories to check out on the branch are:

You will also need src/lib/runemodule and src/libexec/ld.elf_so,
either checked out from the mainline or as appropriate parallel
symlinks to the mainline, in order to build libc.

Be sure to run "make includes" in src/sys, src/include, and
src/lib/libpthread before attempting the build of libc.

        - Nathan