Subject: Re: make build fails everytime
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/2002 11:31:47
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Todd Vierling wrote:

# On *completion*?  That's just plain strange.

Found it!  Last night, for some reason, when I did that build.sh,
it decided to overwrite the copies of /usr/lib/*rt*.  Seeing as
I just tried to compile it and it died with complaints about lots
of unrefereneced stuff (which, so far, a cvs update far has done
not a HV to alleviate), I'm guessing that since a build.sh's run
completely IGNORES the errors because none of it builds cleanly
otherwise, due to some circumstances beyond our control, I managed
to completely hose my c runtime stuff.  It goes into an infinite
recursion through fini_fallthrough() (which must live in the crt
stuff because it is NOT in libc!).

I could post a stack backtrace here, but as it is lots++ lines
of

#X  0x804a5a0 in fini_fallthru ()

I don't think it'd be that interesting.

				--*greywolf;