Subject: Re: savecore weirdness
To: Greywolf <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2002 18:38:21
Greywolf writes:
> Looks like either the header got corrupted or your memory size goes into
> the territory of unsigned numbers.
> ...after all, you don't *really* have 8GB of RAM in there, do you?

No I don't have 8Gig of ram (although I'm quite willing to accept
donations ;-)).

I do have 8 Gigs of on-disk swap space (spread over two wd*b
partitions).  I just *assumed* the kernel could make use of a
swap_space greater than address_space.  (Was I wrong???)

Looking at src/sbin/savecore/savecore.c, it does look like the
"dumplo" variable is a "long" and it can easily overflow.  Perhaps
thats the only problem.  Perhaps this needs to be an offset_t or

Wolfgang Rupprecht    <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.