Subject: Re: CVS REPOSITORY IS BROKEN (Re: cvs checkout with tag)
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: FUKAUMI Naoki <naoki@fukaumi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2002 02:25:57
I think "I can't get the source of specific date on XXX branch".
(e.g. -D 2001-09-09 && -r release-1-5)

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:02:25AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> I don't believe that's possible with "cvs" as it exists now.
>
> The date tag doesn't mean "date on the trunk"; it just means "date".

I believe "notag" means "the latest version on the trunk(HEAD)".
And I believe "date tag" means "specified date on the trunk(HEAD)"

> If you want "cvs" to permit time-travel in any reasonable fashion,
> you'll have to extend the format of the "CVS/Entries" file to
> distinguish between the branch (branch tag), and the point on the branch
> (date or static tag).

notag + date tag = date tag, isn't it?

I'm wrong? (sorry I'm not cvs guru...;)

--