Subject: Re: NetBSD source on case-retentive filesystems
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Scott Hallock <scott@hallocks.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/2002 18:40:35
> Don't forget that if you check files out onto a Windows system, all
> text files will be terminated with CRLF, and if you checkout onto a
> MAC, they will be CR-terminated. I seem to remember that make barfs on
> makefiles that aren't LF-terminated (or maybe I'm just remembering
> something completely incorrectly).

On Mac OS X/Darwin, if you use the supplied, command line CVS, files
get checked out with UNIX-style line termination.  Ironically, most
of the command line tools on Mac OS X can't deal with Mac-style line
termination.  diff, for instance, fails miserably when given a Mac
text file.  Even the graphical diff utility for Mac OS X will find "1
difference" on "line 1", which contains the entire file.

Scott