Subject: diablo NNTP under -current (/sparc)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2002 15:40:11
Re: http://www.openusenet.org/diablo/

looks like long ago in a galaxy far far away diablo was pulled into
pkgsrc/news, but taken out for whatever reason.

I've been trying to get it to run under 1.5ZA/sparc, and the reader fork
doesn't work correctly.

diablo uses a single server process to listen on a socket, and then
passes the open descriptor to a preforked child with sendmsg.  the
descriptor doesn't seem to make it across -- the connection dies as soon
as the server fork closes the descriptor.  according to stevens, this
should work, and indeed does on other platforms.

has anybody got any suggestions or clues?  (or does anybody have diablo
working under NetBSD?)

      "[...] I generally haven't found IDM guys to be very good
       live acts, most of them just sit down at their laptop and
       tweak reaktor."  -- Brandon Daniel