Subject: Re: Griffin "powermate" driver...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2002 23:32:00
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Peter Seebach wrote:

# In message <200201230636.g0N6aTG09567@ginger.cmf.nrl.navy.mil>, Ken Hornstein w
# rites:
# >>Anyway, I will likely try to produce a driver for it; anyone interested, let
# >>me know so I can have some motivation.  :)
#
# >I saw that thing and thought it would be cool to have a NetBSD driver for it;
# >I say "go for it".
#
# Cool.  Well, it's ordered, I'll see what I can do when it shows up.  :)
# Considering that the protocol doc is all of a page and a half, I don't think
# it'll be too tough.
#
# I was thinking of a load monitor:  load average 0-1 == gradually brighter,
# higher than that does load average in Hz.  It'd be fun to watch it
# getting more and more frantic during "build.sh".  :)

Yeah, and then you go into a feedback loop in which the load increases
because more cycles are being dedicated to pulsing the LED...

...or can you offload that to the powermate?

# -s
				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: The power to Connect