Subject: Re: NVidia users: don't update to XFree 4.2 yet!
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2002 00:04:36
I just updated to 4.2.0 (xsrc/xfree) yesterday, and the screen dimming
problem hasn't manifested itself. It did back when 4.x first came in, but I
haven't seen it happen since it was originally fixed. 4.2.0 went in
seamlessly for me.

BTW, I'm using a Riva TNT2 Vanta 8MB AGP card.

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive