Subject: Re: no sound output with uaudio0
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/2002 23:40:39
Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> First, check the mixer settings.
> If that wasn't it, install the sysutils/usbutil package and do
> a `usbctl -a 2' and send me th output.

The uaudio device I'm currently testing (iMic too) has very low
initial output volume (like 46), I had to use mixerctl to raise
it to get any sound off it.

Perhaps it would make sense to change the driver so that it would
reset the volume to some better value (like 180) on attach?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-